National Action Board
According to the National Collegiate 4-H Constitution (2007 Revision) the National Action Board’s responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison between regions. To communicate information and ideas between regions. To maintain an up-to-date permanent address file of all active member clubs.
- Responsible for the administrative duties at the annual National Collegiate 4-H Conference.
- Promote club and membership development within the four regions.
- Maintain and distribute monies held in the National Collegiate 4-H account.
- Maintain continuity among regions by development of, and training for, a national service project.
NAB members are divided into 5 internal committees including: Internal Affairs, Communication and Membership Education, Community Service, Partnerships, and Diversity. These committees are each responsible for implementation of an area of the National Collegiate 4-H Strategic Plan. The NAB meets monthly via teleconference to provide reports, updates and discuss matters of the organization.
Members of the National Action Board 09-10
North Central Region Representative
Aaron Birge, Purdue University
Northeast Region President
Southern Region President
Melanie Skaggs, Oklahoma State University
Western Region Representative
Northeast Region Second Year Member
North Central Region Second Year Member
Charlotte Jackson, University of Missouri
Southern Region Second Year Member, NAB Chair
Casey East, Troy University
Western Region Second Year Member
Autumn Sheridan, Colorado State University
2010 National Conference Coordinator
Ben Brown, University of Maryland
Kelli Jo Woodson, University of Missouri
Heather Williams, University of Georgia
Advocacy Team Liaison
Web Team Liaison
Ag Consortium Representative
Crystal Schauer, Iowa State
Ag Consortium Representative-Elect
Brandon Wilson, Iowa State University
Liaison from National 4-H Headquarters
Eddy Mentzer, National 4-H Headquarters, CSREES, USDA
Advisor from the Northeast Region
Former Members of the National Action Board
To view lists of previous members of NAB, please visit the Past NAB member pages.
On July 13-17 2006, the voting members of the National Action Board met in Washington DC to create the National Collegiate 4-H Strategic Plan.
To contact a NAB member, please visit the Collegiate 4-H Contact page.